You’ll pick it right up
Wells Fargo Advisors created WellsTrade® to give you a simple and convenient way to take an active role in investing for your future. Conveniently and effectively control all of your investment decisions.
- Plan and create your investment portfolio
- Access online tools, as well as leading investment research and analysis to help you make well-informed investment decisions
- Monitor your account’s activities and balances
Want to see more? See the WellsTrade® platform in action.
Would you like to see a menu?
A WellsTrade® account offers a wide variety of investment choices for whatever your investment goals may be, allowing you to plan for the future on your terms. Choose to invest in:
- General investing and trading accounts
- Education Savings Accounts
- Mutual funds
- U.S. stocks and options
- Exchange-traded funds
- Bonds: U.S. government, corporate or municipal
Options involve risk and are not suitable for all investors. Before opening an option position, a person must receive a copy of "Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options." This document is available from the Options Clearing Corporation, One North Wacker Drive, Suite 500, Chicago, Illinois 60606. Please read it carefully before investing.
Let’s get together
All of your Wells Fargo banking accounts and Wells Fargo Advisors investment accounts can be accessed with one login:
- Transfer money easily from a Wells Fargo Bank account into your WellsTrade® account
- See all of your balances and account activity on one screen
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., member FDIC, is a bank affiliate of Wells Fargo & Company
Lean on us
You’re in charge, but you’re not on your own. We provide you with a strong support system, including online tools and resources, to help you make well-informed financial decisions. Stay up to date with unlimited access to:
- Market news, insights and analysis
- Real-time stock quotes and other market data
- Planning and financial calculators
Trust is earned
Since 1852, Wells Fargo & Company has built its reputation on strength, stability and integrity. When you manage your investments with a WellsTrade® account, you can be confident you are working with one of the largest financial brands in the world.
Swipe, swipe, tap
Invest on the go or on the couch by accessing your WellsTrade® account anywhere using your mobile* or tablet device to:
- Place trades
- View account activity
- Get real-time quotes, market news and data
- Manage your alerts and watchlists
*Your mobile carrier's message and data rates may apply
Dollars and cents
With our competitive pricing model, you will only be charged $5.95 every time you make an online stock (excluding penny stocks) or ETF (Exchange-Traded Funds) trade within your WellsTrade® account. Clients with a Portfolio by Wells Fargo® relationship* pay only $2.95** per trade. You can also purchase a variety of no-load, no-transaction fee mutual funds. If your account qualifies, there is no household annual fee on your WellsTrade® account.***
* The Portfolio by Wells Fargo program has a $30 monthly service fee, which can be avoided when you have one of the following
Portfolio by Wells Fargo qualifying balances:
** Discounted flat rate commissions as follows: $2.95 per trade when your Wells Fargo Advisors WellsTrade account is linked to your Portfolio by Wells Fargo relationship. Unlimited $2.95 trades can be applied to commissions for online and automated telephone trading of stocks (excluding Penny Stocks) and exchange-traded funds.
Each trade will be treated as a separate transaction, except in the case of commissions for multiple trades in the same security executed on the same side of the market on the same day, which will be aggregated. WellsTrade Household Annual Fee is waived regardless of Portfolio by Wells Fargo program balances. Fee waiver based on having a WellsTrade account linked to your Portfolio by Wells Fargo account as of June 30 of each year. If the Portfolio by Wells Fargo relationship is terminated, the commission discount for trades will discontinue and revert to the current applicable commission rate. Other fees and commissions apply to a WellsTrade account. For complete information on fees and commissions, refer to the WellsTrade Account Commissions and Fee Schedule. Schedule subject to change at any time.
***Waived with one of the following for all WellsTrade accounts in your household as of June 30 each year:
- Enrollment in only electronic delivery for statements, trade confirmations, other documents and shareholder communications (excluding tax documents/1099s)
- Linkage to the Portfolio by Wells Fargo program
- $250,000 or more in household balances
- SEP IRA accounts only households
- Wells Fargo Private Bank accounts
***Investing in a mutual fund involves risk including the possible loss of principal. No-load mutual funds are mutual funds that do not charge a sales load when you buy or sell the fund. A transaction fee is a trading fee that is charged by the brokerage firm when you buy or sell shares of a fund. A no-load fund may charge fees that are not sales loads, such as purchase fees, redemption fees, exchange fees, and account fees. Other fees and expenses, including those which apply to a continued investment in the fund, are described in the fund's prospectus.